Become a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator
Friday, February 15 – Saturday, February 16, 2019
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Grace United Methodist Church 2024 E. University Dr. Mesa, AZ 85213
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for teachers, counselors, school staff and administrators who want an effective discipline approach based on Adlerian Psychology, that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging student behaviors. Attendees will earn recognition as a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educators and will learn to:
- Teach students social-emotional skills such as emotional regulation, cooperation, communication, teamwork and leadership…and so much more!
- Create a classroom with a sense of community in which teachers and students show respect for each other.
- Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures.
- Understand the motivation behind students’ misbehavior and how to encourage positive change.
- Teach problem solving and solution building, so students learn how to manage and resolve conflict peer-to-peer, without adult involvement.
*Administrators attend free, with two paid teachers!
Materials included with workshop ($85 Value)
What teachers noticed after implementing Positive Discipline in the Classroom:
• Increased teamwork between students & between students and teacher
• Students problem solving with each other more independently
• Students taking personal responsibility for their feelings and actions
What students noticed:
• “I’m able to decide on how to handle a situation instead of just getting mad.”
• “I learned that people might have a different perspective on something than I do and how to handle that.”
• “In this class, people act more as a “family” than just peers, like in other classes. This class works better together because of these lessons.”