Become a Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educator!
April 5th and 6th, 2019 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Grace United Methodist Church
2024 E. University Dr.
Mesa, AZ 85213
Register by Wednesday, March 20th to take advantage of Early Bird pricing!
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for early childhood teachers, administrators, and caregivers who work with children from birth to six years of age. (Parents will also find this workshop helpful; however, the focus is on early childhood education.) Participants will learn to apply the principles and tools of Positive Discipline, an Adlerian research-based philosophy, to working with groups of young children. They will also gain a deeper understanding of how young children learn, the importance of belonging and social and emotional learning, and how best to teach those skills in a classroom or care setting. Participants will earn recognition as Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educators and will learn to:
- Create a classroom or care setting where children can develop a sense of belonging and significance based on the importance of contribution and mutual respect.
- Understand how young children learn and how to adapt teaching to the needs of this age group.
- Foster essential social and emotional skills to support development and school readiness, and understand behavior and how to guide it in groups of young children.
- Teach the essential skills for developmentally appropriate participation in class meetings.
- Learn Positive Discipline and Adlerian concepts for use in the classroom, preschool community, and with parents.
Materials included ($80 value):